Samuel Eto’o eh? He sure knows a thing or two about team stability. Though he seemed to have calmed down in recent times (to the point where Didier Drogba has stopped becoming the poor man’s Eto’o in terms of unpredictability) he lashed out today, claiming he might just walk away from that big party in South Africa afterall.
Why? Because Cameroon legend, Roger Milla spoke out and claimed that Eto’o “hasn’t brought anything to our national team”.
Milla of course is Cameroon’s answer to Pele, delighting fans the world over twenty years ago as he lit up Italia 90.… Continue reading
BBC & Pavarotti combined with Nessun Dorma in Italia 90’s opening montage.
- Picking Portugal’s World Cup squad. (Portugal WCB)
- Man City fine with 5th – they’ll buy Spurs. (The DA)
- Plenty of World Cup tickets still available. (guardian)
- The phoenix of the 00’s: the passing mid. (Zonal Marking)
- Great journalism from The Sun. (Sport Without Spin)
- The politics of the US & Mexico. (Unprofessional Foul)
- The rise of employment in South Africa. (euronews)
Flair midfielders are as varied as they are valued. You can discuss the merits of anyone from Hoddle to Rivaldo, as there is no fixed position for the role. Perhaps the only qualification is the ability to turn a match from deep with a piece of individual brilliance. Paul Gascoigne and Steven Gerrard are two driving forces who could influence a match in any number of ways and two of England’s most renowned flair midfielders in the last quarter century. Anyone over the age of 30 will remember Paul Gascoigne’s tears at Italia ‘90 – born of frustration… Continue reading