El mejor portero de la actualidad, Iker Casillas. Video Rating: 4 / 5
Possibly the best eleven of all time. With dramatic music.
Sent to tips[at]theoffside[dot]com by Bas from Loepzuiver.
- World Cup injuries assessed (The Shin Guardian)
- Comparing World Cup related Facebook games (Social Times)
- Dizee Rascal used to be interesting. Now he does backing vocals for James Corden (Pitchfork)
- If Martin Keown had Fabio Capello’s job… (England WCB)
- I suspect the English coach was lying (Scott Says)
- Meet Gerardo “El Tata” Martino (Paraguay World Cup Blog)
- “And a reminder to why I am single….” (Football Fanaticos)
So France lost 1-0 to China today. Which sounds bad. And is bad. But take a look at the goal from Deng Zhuoxiang that won it:
All great things are born from flying beer bottles.
- How to speak Finnish football. (Nordic Football)
- The Honduran World Cup impact. (BBC)
- Risking it all for a bit of football. (The Global Game)
- And Ronaldo’s displeased with sharing the spotlight. (Dirty Tackle)
- Someone’s not a fan of the Nike ad. (guardian)
- Pre-WC friendlies broadcast in the US. (Avoiding The Drop)
- Big Phil now accepting phone calls, paychecks. (Unprofessional Foul)
BBC & Pavarotti combined with Nessun Dorma in Italia 90’s opening montage.
- Picking Portugal’s World Cup squad. (Portugal WCB)
- Man City fine with 5th – they’ll buy Spurs. (The DA)
- Plenty of World Cup tickets still available. (guardian)
- The phoenix of the 00’s: the passing mid. (Zonal Marking)
- Great journalism from The Sun. (Sport Without Spin)
- The politics of the US & Mexico. (Unprofessional Foul)
- The rise of employment in South Africa. (euronews)
Does Australian broadcaster SBS actually want Australians to watch the World Cup? Or does it just want to make them very very angry? Top marks for comedy though.
- FrankenSven unveils ultimate football player. Sadly not Ivorian. (Soccerlens)
- Benoît Assou-Ekotto is an honest man (The Guardian)
- The Gaza World Cup (Palestine Note)
- Marseille’s 2010/11 shirts unveiled leaked. (OM Offside)
- Kevin Kuranyi’s summer just opened up (Germany World Cup Blog)
- Are Spurs ballboys paid per ball? (EPL Talk)
- World Cup players in their grundies (Unprofessional Foul)