Teams of the Day: Cameroon & Denmark. Two teams which proudly featured nursery school defending. Bless you. That’s all.
Player of the Day: Simon Kjaer. This man was throwing around balls like Xavi, including the long pass to Rommedahl on the first Danish goal. A move so splendidly smooth it’s rough again. Best goal of the tournament thus far.
Plus he contributed to that rubbish defense. Top drawer all around.
(Unfortunately, he’s also suspended for Japan.)
(Oh, and Rommedahl was the real player of the day.)
The BP Award/Spill of the Day: African keepers are just going down the tank.… Continue reading
Does Australian broadcaster SBS actually want Australians to watch the World Cup? Or does it just want to make them very very angry? Top marks for comedy though.
- FrankenSven unveils ultimate football player. Sadly not Ivorian. (Soccerlens)
- Benoît Assou-Ekotto is an honest man (The Guardian)
- The Gaza World Cup (Palestine Note)
- Marseille’s 2010/11 shirts unveiled leaked. (OM Offside)
- Kevin Kuranyi’s summer just opened up (Germany World Cup Blog)
- Are Spurs ballboys paid per ball? (EPL Talk)
- World Cup players in their grundies (Unprofessional Foul)