We’re now entering the heart of the World Cup 2010 shirts. There are some fantastic shirts out there from adidas and Nike, no doubt, but Puma’s Africa line has been on another plane in recent years.
Most importantly, their use of the ‘mascot’ shadowed inside the shirt has been brilliant, and it’s back again this year – no points for guessing which animal the Ivorians have. In fact, not much about the home shirt, the shirt which will be predominantly used, is too different from ‘06. It’s orange, it’s simple, and there’s a giant elephant on it.
This can’t possibly… Continue reading
The top ten celebrations from World Cup 2002.
- Inappropriate touching results in chaos in Indonesia. (Dirty Tackle)
- There are literally a few reasons why you should watch La Liga right now. (Sid Lowe)
- The World Cup digs of Spain & Argentina. (Futbolita)
- Your look into IFK Gothenburg. (Nordic Football News)
- Ghana’s provisional squad. (BBC)
- Say no to Roy for Liverpool. (The 365 Blog)
- Everyone loves Felix. (DW)
BBC & Pavarotti combined with Nessun Dorma in Italia 90’s opening montage.
- Picking Portugal’s World Cup squad. (Portugal WCB)
- Man City fine with 5th – they’ll buy Spurs. (The DA)
- Plenty of World Cup tickets still available. (guardian)
- The phoenix of the 00’s: the passing mid. (Zonal Marking)
- Great journalism from The Sun. (Sport Without Spin)
- The politics of the US & Mexico. (Unprofessional Foul)
- The rise of employment in South Africa. (euronews)
Some of the best goals from the 1954 World Cup. In black & white. Obviously.
- Dortmund doing everything possible to look like bumble bees. (Football Fashion)
- The dance in France (with pants). (SoccerLens)
- Scrapping for the status quo in Milan. (When Saturday Comes)
- The Peruvian Prison World Cup. (Unprofessional Foul)
- Entire Valencia squad take part in something which probably voids their contracts. (Dirty Tackle)
- Some Greek… (Greece WCB)
- …and Algerian World Cup injury news. (Algeria WCB)
- Another quiz to consume your time. (Avoiding The Drop)